The purpose of each Middle School Task Force (MSTF) to provide the school constituency the opportunity to have input into the school’s decision making process, toward the achievement of school-wide goals for school improvement plans related to student safety, Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Restorative Practices.
As part of our “Triangle of Success” connecting students, teachers and parents, we invite all Penn-Harris-Madison parents/guardians of their respective middle schools (Discovery, Grissom, and Schmucker) to apply to serve as a member of the MSTF as we work to build a strong community-parent-school partnership.
MSTF members will:
- Enhance communication between the principal and school patrons.
- Serve as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Help the principal anticipate and/or identify community concerns and potential solutions to those issues.
- Assist with planning issues surrounding the implementation of change.
- Assist with developing School Improvement Plan Goals related to safety and/or behavior as well assist and support the school to reach these goals.
The MSTF will hold a minimum of one meeting every month (with some exceptions) during the 2019-2020 school year. More frequent meetings are held in September due to School Improvement Plan deadlines. Additional meetings may be scheduled as the need arises.
HOW TO APPLY
For those parents or community members interested in applying, please click here for a full description of the Middle School Task Force.